All concerts will begin at 7:30 pm at Landmark Arts Centre
2nd March 2019
- Schumann Overture, Scherzo and Finale, Op.52
- Brahms double concerto for violin and cello Op.102
— Anna Lee, Violin and Maxim Calver, Cello
- Brahms symphony no. 2 Op.73
15th June 2019
- Butterworth A Shropshire Lad
- Vaughan Williams English folk song suite
- Stanford Clarinet concerto Op.80 – soloist David Campbell
- Mendelssohn Symphony no. 2, Italian
- Rossini The Turk in Italy Overture
30th November 2019
- Friedrich Flotow Overture “Martha”
- Mozart Piano Concerto no. 23 K. 488 A major
- Dvorak “In Nature’s Realm”
- Tchaikovsky “Romeo & Juliet”
- Grieg Symphonic Dances Op.64
2020 concert dates are 7th March, 13th June, 28th November
Repertoire, how is it chosen? To date, our Librarian has taken suggestions from members, then assembled the necessary technical data (timing, instrumentation, keys, availability of parts, etc.) and filtered that long list into groups of ideas that make consistent and deliverable sets with options in each — a short list. The Repertoire group (Musical Director, Leader, Librarian and others interested) then meets to make the final selection within each set and for the schedule one year ahead, as a whole. The Repertoire group should be meeting in January 2019 to decide the 2020 programme.
If members have particular ideas in mind, please make those known.
HISTORY To see a full history of Thames Philharmonia’s concerts click here.
To access our programme archive click here.